August 7, 2009

Who'da thunk it?

I was watching one of those "do it yourself" shows and was schooled in the technique of tightening bolts. This older gentleman was showing another gentleman on how to piece together an electric handsaw. When he was tightening the bolt that held the blade in place he warned, "now don't tighten it too tight". And the other guy naturally inquired, "what would happen if I did?". I'm thinking, well geeze, the blade won't work idiot. But alas, that was not the case and this man was surely full of much more wisdom than I ever could have thought imaginable.
His reply, "well, you see, the problem is it would be too hard to get off." Huh. I honestly didn't see that one coming. Especially since there wasn't even a hint of sarcasm, which would have made the comment very funny. But he appeared to be very serious about it leaving me with the thought... Really?

1 comment:

Jessica Martiele said...

I'm still laughing! Screw the whole thing not working, let's let that blade spin until the frickin' thing spins OFF because we're afraid of not being able to UNscrew it again! FABULOUS!!!

Picture me sitting next to you with this dumbfounding, totally incredulous face as he's saying that, and then scratching my head, pausing again, and starting to laugh. Yup. About right.