July 30, 2008

Moment of Silence Please..

Lackey missing his throwing arm, Vlad missing both arms (and bat), Hunter missing an arm,
and Figgins... an arm, hand, leg, head cracked open and knocked off the foundation he was once positioned on.















































Now I know the news didn't broadcast any casualties from the quake. But when I came home, I found our poor Angel bobbleheads in pieces. I mean, hands and feet and crap all over the place!! It was like WWII erupted in our second bedroom. Two out of the six were practically unscathed leaving four in need of repair. I've managed to glue them all back together. Though Chone Figgins took the hardest hit and may be permanently on the disabled list. I found him missing a hand, arm, leg and half his helmet crushed in pieces. I glued most of him back together but he still has a good size hole in his helmet where the pieces were to small to glue back in.
I guess that's what happens when you live in Cali and don't secure your precious bobbleheads that sit on top of a shelf that sits on top of your desk, to where a good shake will cause them to fall and shatter on the desk.
Stay tuned for pictures...



By the way, we had lots of other things all over the place with minor broken items, but here's a weird one. We have this beautiful faux Tiffany lamp on our nightstand (with an all glass lamp shade). We came home and found it on the ground right next to the nightstand, standing perfectly up right, as though someone had just placed it there. We knew the quake knocked it down there, but it was kinda eerie seeing it so perfectly situated on the floor. Like someone was there to catch it and set it down....
But then we realized how it got to that position. Of course the quake knocked it off the stand. And the stand is about 2 feet from the wall, and next to the wall Nate had his tool bag, which is kinda like a tool box, but made out of some sturdy, but soft material. When I inspected the area, right above the tool bag there was a good size nick in the wall. So the lamp apparently tipped over off the nightstand and on it's way down hit the soft tool bag, nicked the wall, and the impact knocked it upright on the floor. Crazy! And crazy that the lampshade didn't bust at all 'cause even though the tool bag is somewhat soft, it had all kinds of tools poking out all over.
Anyway, it was cool. I should be a detective.

6 comments:

The Bock Family said...

Totally funny. We didn't have a thing move in our house and we didn't even feel it because we were driving. We came home to check everything and couldn't tell that anything had happened in our house. A little sad that I missed all of the excitement....

Jessica Martiele said...

Awesome about the lamp, Dr. Holmes. But I pity the poor bobbleheads. They didn't select the shelf that - at least for Chone - would become their final resting place...or, um, place of death. I don't know what you'd call that. Whatever.

By the way, as I'm scrolling through your typing to read, I noticed that right behind the words there appears to be a tower or something drawn lightly in pencil...and it's looks super-phallus-y. Fyi. :) GOOD CHOICE!

Amber said...

Oh, sad for Chone. I remember when you got him. LOL. How is Weaver? Nothing broke here. But my parents had a few broken things too.
You should have heard Gavin,"Whoa mommy, whoa."

The Price Family said...

Aw, sad times. Hope your bobbleheads are recovering well from their surgery! :) And yeah, that creeps me out about your lamp shade being perfectly upright on the ground. Anywho, it was good to hear from ya! Seriously though, don't you wish you could carry around a mute button to filter people's mouths sometimes? I do!

Daniel T said...

Bobble head causalities are the worst! Hey, Sarah and I were talking tonight and we need to have a get together because Ned and Heidi know Spencer and his wife, we know you guys, and now my sis April and her husband Wes know your sister in Perris. It'll be a family reunion!

Chelsea Stewart said...

NOOOOOO. That is so tragic. Looks like the value on my Chone Figgins just went up, let me know when you want to trade. I would be so bumed if that happened to my B-Heads. All six of mine lived through the quake although I did find an unscathed Torii on the ground, probably just making another great play. I might have to secure my bobbleheads now.
Brandon